Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dagger

Captured by your wand'ring eyes
As if somehow I find myself
Deep beyond the glassy orbs
That pierce me through my metaphors.
 All which renders useless words
A grand disguise.
Quietly intruding on
My mind's long distant reaching shores
Whilst the mad'ning tumult roars.

Disquieting the mortal's tongue
With thoughts that call out from the deep:
"Sleep now, sweet one, lest you dream".
The fairies scream beneath the waves;
Sea foam beds on which they played
Turn treacherous and grow beguiled
At the sight of Human Child.

Long silence fills the salty air,
Casting shadows on the moon.
The beauty of a dying star
Is lost upon the blazoned tomb.

Waiting in the crystal stillness
For ice that hangs on every breath;
Creeping soft along the earth,
Here stalks the crimson woman's death.

But dagger carried at her side
Will still the heart within its chest.

©2012, MLowe. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment